Your tongue and lip-tie specialist in Northeast Wisconsin
Lip-tie and tongue-tie surgery at Wisconsin Tongue Tie Institute is a quick and effective process using laser surgery. In addition, our Brown County, WI practice has International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) on-site to help moms and babies overcome breastfeeding issues.
What Is a Tongue-Tie?
Each of us has a strand of tissue underneath our tongue connecting it to the floor of the mouth–it is known as the lingual frenulum. We use the term Tongue-Tie when this frenulum restricts normal tongue movement, which can lead to functional issues with nursing, speech, feeding, and more.
What Is a Lip-Tie?
Each of us also has a strand of tissue attaching our upper lip to our gum tissue–it is known as the maxillary labial frenulum. We use the term Lip-Tie when this frenulum interferes with normal function and flexibility of the upper lip. This can lead to functional issues with nursing, dental arch development, and oral hygiene.
You’re not alone. We’re here to listen, educate, and support you. Turn to us for a “release” that can improve your entire life.
It’s estimated that around 10% of children are born with some form of frenum restriction (a tongue-tie or lip-tie). Despite the numerous signs and symptoms that can be present, often times these restrictions can be misdiagnosed.
Dr. Christopher Peterson knows this first-hand. Now, him and his team are on a mission to help the community fix this often overlooked problem.
Don’t ignore the signs.
Our De Pere, WI dentist knows this first-hand. When his daughters had trouble breastfeeding, and his wife suffered sleepless nights, they spoke with a lactation consultant and found out their children were severely tongue-tied.
Dr. Christopher Peterson knows this first-hand. Now, he and his team are on a mission to help the community fix this often-overlooked problem.
Treating a tongue-tie or lip-tie with a laser is a quick process that can be done in a matter of minutes. At your visit, we’ll discuss the symptoms, perform an exam, and give you the option for a same-day procedure. Regardless of our recommendations, this is a no-pressure atmosphere. Need more time? We can always reschedule as well!
Motherhood is an amazing experience, but when something doesn’t feel right during breastfeeding or bottle feeding, it’s not just in your head. You’re not alone! Our International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC)Learn more about International Board Certified Lactation Consultants have the highest level of education and training to help you navigate the possible reasons why and help you reach your feeding goals.
Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
LACTATION CONSULTANT (IBCLC)
- How does a tongue and lip-tie first appointment work?
At Wisconsin Tongue Tie InstituteOpen a link to learn more about Wisconsin Tongue Tie Institute, we typically structure our appointments in the following ways:
If you think you or your child has a tongue-tie, lip-tie, or cheek tie, please contactOpen a form to schedule online our Greater Green Bay, WI practice for a consultation. We also have certified lactation consultants available to discuss breastfeeding issues and ways to feed more comfortably for babies and mothers.
- Can the frenectomy procedure be done on the same day?
Yes, we can complete a laser frenectomy in one day. It’s a quick and less invasive way to fix a tongue tie or lip tie using modern technology.
- Are frenectomies and lactation consultations covered by insurance? For frenectomies, we do not submit to medical insurance. We will ask you for your medical insurance cards in case your dental plan requires a medical denial before processing the dental claim. Wisconsin Tongue Tie Institute is a premier provider with Delta Dental but will submit to any Dental insurance carrier. Your coverage depends on your carrier and your specific plan. We will work with you to determine insurance coverage prior to your visit.
In addition to helping you file a claim, we offer an affordable pricing structure and third-party financing through CareCreditOpen a new window for payment by Care Credit.
For lactation services, we will provide you with a super bill for you to submit to your medical insurance company for reimbursement.
- How much does it cost? Please contact usOpen a form to schedule online directly to learn how much your laser frenectomy will cost. Our lactation visit prices are listed on the services tab.
We’re on a mission to help our De Pere, WI community live happy and healthy lives, and we strive to make your family’s treatments budget-friendly through convenient payment and financing options.
- What does post-care look like? Our staff will review stretches that need to be done post-frenectomy to prevent re-attachment and promote optimal healing. Post-care for a laser frenectomy also includes a 20-minute one-week post-operative visit.
To learn more about frenectomies and breastfeeding support at Wisconsin Tongue Tie Institute, please contact us directlyOpen a form to schedule online.